KOTA KINABALU – A key veteran politician who brought Umno into Sabah, Datuk Karim Ghani (pic), announced he quit the party today.
Karim was among former United Sabah National Organisation (Usno) leaders, including the late Tun Datu Mustapha Datu Harun (who founded Usno), who played a part in bringing Umno into the state in the 1990s. Usno was disbanded to make way for Umno.
He said he had sent his resignation letter to the Umno headquarters in Kuala Lumpur and the party’s state office here, earlier today.“I quit Umno with immediate effect today. I stick to my final decision and in the meantime, I will remain partyless until I find the right political party to join,” he told a news conference here.
Karim said he got fed up and was disillusioned with Umno’s failure to fight for Sabahans’ rights and welfare.
The former Usno vice-president was among a group loyal to Usno who recently pleaded to Home Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein to review the decision of rejecting their application to revive Usno.
There were reports saying that many former Usno leaders felt sidelined and wanted their old party to be revived to continue their political struggles.
* SSFM - We, Stupid Sarawakians, Were (and sadly still) Conned By Malayans
* SSFM - GIVE US BACK OUR RIGHT!!!
* SSFM - Sabah, Sarawak losing points to KL
* SSFM - Celoteh Pak Aji Julaihi
* SSFM - Surat Terbuka Untuk Kolumnis Zaini Hassan
* SSFM - Azmin, don't behave like a Malayan master!!!
* SSFM - SIAPA SEBENARNYA TAKUT UMNO MASUK SARAWAK ?
* SSFM - The Malayan Colonialists Are Still Conning Sarawak & Sabah
* OUR STAND ON "Save Sarawak from Malayans" campaign
* Are The PKR Malayans At It Again?